This Green Couscous Salad keeps its promises, you get different shades of green and as a bonus different textures, soft broad beans, crunchy green beans and bursting capers. Every bite is a surprise. I got the idea from the New-Zealand Cook Annabel Langbein.
The Green Couscous Salad makes friends easily, you can serve it with lamb chops, grilled beef, fish, shrimps... or just eat it on its own.
2-4 lamb chops
1 handful of rocket
1/2 bunch of parsley, chopped
1/2 bunch of mint, chopped
150 gr broad beans
150 gr green beans
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1/2 lemon, zest and juice
1 garlic clove, crushed
• Snap off the ends of the green beans and blanch them in boiling salt water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Blanch the broad beans in boiling salt water 1-2 minutes. Drain them.
• Put the couscous in a bowl, then pour over just enough boiling water to cover it. Set aside for 3 minutes to allow the couscous to soak up the water. Season to taste.
• To make the vinaigrette, combine 2 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, salt and pepper.
• Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. On high heat grill the lamb chops 2 minutes on each side. Season to taste.
• In a bowl combine the couscous, the broad beans, the green beans, the capers, the herbs, the rocket and the vinaigrette. Serve with the lamb chops.